Thursday, May 30, 2013

Patricide


pat·ri·cide

  [pa-truh-sahyd, pey]
noun
1.
the act of killing one's own father.
2.
a person who commits such an act.
Origin: 
1585–95; patri- + -cide


pat·ri·cid·al, adjective




It's pretty funny, I've sure got my dad scared lately.  You see, sometimes I lack in communication and instead like to beat up on my dad.  Pinching, scratching, eye gouging, biting, hitting, kicking, hair pulling are just some of my methods.  He's got this crazy idea that I'm trying to kill him, I'm gonna roll with it and let him think that.  I get away with more when he's terrified.  But I'm not really out to get the guy, take a look at the unsavory folks who off their fathers:




Oedipus - poor dude, was actually trying NOT to kill his dad, ended up blind





Lyle and Erik Menendez - they tried the abuse defense, it didn't work





Kate from "LOST" - blew up her dad, but he was bad






Ben Linus from "Lost" - I believe the Smoke Monster conned him into it





Commodus - didn't kill his father in real life, but did according to Ridley Scott's film





Voldemort - enough said, it's not cool to off your old man


No comments:

Post a Comment